Excel spreadsheets* for your SMSF
*please note you need Microsoft Excel on your computer to use these
Excel spreadsheets capable of:-
- Accepting your input about your SMSF's assets and transactions over the year
- Automatically creating from this input:-
- auditable accounts (financial statements) and member report
- the information to insert in the ATO's CGT Schedule and advice as to where to insert it (the Schedule is required if there are gains or losses over $10,000)
- the information to insert in the ATO's annual tax return and advice as to where to insert it
There are spreadsheets for use in single member funds, and also in multi-member funds. The spreadsheets handle transactions both in Australian dollars and also in foreign currency. They are for use in funds in accumulation or retirement phase investing in financial investments such as bank deposits, shares, unit trusts, bonds and managed funds. If you are able to, you would be free to adapt them to suit other types of funds or investments. The comprehensive help file describes the TBAR reporting obligations for a fund in retirement phase.
The spreadsheets refer to the 2021 ATO annual tax return and CGT Schedule, and are suitable to assist in preparing 2020/21 financial statements and for the 2021 annual tax return. If you are able to, you would be free to adapt them for use in subsequent tax years.
How to get the spreadsheets
These are supplied as part of the establishment packs for new SMSFs or for separate purchase.
2 July 2021
Copyright © Jeremy Gordon